There are two qualifiers for membership in the VFW, as set out in our By-Laws. An individual must meet both in order to become a member. They are as follows:

2: Honorable Service – must have served in the Armed Forces of the United States and either received a discharge of Honorable or General (Under Honorable Conditions) or be currently

3: Service in a war, campaign, or expedition on foreign soil or in hostile waters*. This can be proven by any of the following:

- An authorized campaign medal (see a full list of qualifying medals and badges)
- Receipt of Hostile Fire Pay or Imminent Danger Pay (verified by a military pay statement)
- Service in Korea for 30 consecutive or 60 non-consecutive days

*This information is usually available through a veteran’s DD-214. If other information is needed or if a veteran’s DD-214 is not complete, they can contact the National Personnel Records Center online or at 314-801-0800 to request more information.

 More detailed information on VFW eligibility can be accessed here


 Renew Your Dues, Make a Payment or Upgrade to Life - No Login Required!

Membership #:

First Name:

Last Name: